Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Un-Fond of Fishing for Floaters

There's very little I like less than cleaning poop out of a bathtub.
As I quickly scan the list of nasty things I get to do as "mom," nothing is topping it at this moment.
It had been a good 20-some years since I had to do such a chore.

Then this summer, while my middle child was on antibiotics, it happened.
I had gone 5 years as a parent and never had to fish floaters from the suds.
But once the dam was broken, it seems to not stop.

Tonight for at least the fourth or fifth time since that horrible day this summer, I once again got to scoop nasties.
I did a ton of babysitting when I was little, and very little grosses me out, unlike my husband who first had to change diapers by pulling his shirt over his nose and gagging.
But poop in the tub does it every time. My tummy actually got a bit queasy.

And that makes twice this week, as two days ago, thanks to not listening to me, my oldest lost a fight with the shopping cart and ripped her nail right out. I can do blood to a point, but her finger is kind of mangled and I just can't handle seeing my kid in pain like that. I was queasy trying to take care of the situation.

But back to the poop.
Yes, I did set him on the potty before the bath, and yes he did go #1 and told me he was all done.
And although there was quite a bit in the tub, there was still more that made the pot as I lifted him from the tub.

So do I declare that a potty-training win? I mean, I did get the potty in the potty chair before the bath...and I did get almost half of the bowel movement in the pot...

Ahh...but alas. I did have a ton of it in the tub to clean...and as I cleaned he did follow up that fiasco with streaking which involved going potty on the bathmat and the kitchen floor. Where does all the pee come from???

So no. Not a win.
Ugh.
I don't even care tonight for a win.
I just don't want to clean poop out of the tub again.
I'm shooting for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment